[SIPForum-discussion] RE: [Sip-implementors] Question regarding changing optional messa ge header information

Manpreet Singh msingh at ibasis.net
Thu Mar 30 18:55:33 UTC 2006

Paul

Thanks for the response. So it looks like it is not clearly defined as to
what should be the behaviour and its more implementation specific. My
specific concern was for DTMF mid call change where the UA is trying to
change from out of band ( either INFO or NOTIFY ) to rfc 2833. If in the
confirmed dialog state, the out of band dtmf ( in signaling path ) was
selected but the UA wishes to change that to rfc 2833, then a mid call
re-invite without the applicable INFO/NOTIFY headers and the SDP with rfc
2833 payload should work right? Would eleminating those optional headers do
any good and switch back and forth between out of band in signaling to out
of band in media ( or vice versa )?

Thanks
Manpreet