[SIPForum-discussion] A new domain has been created. What to do now?

Neill Wilkinson neill.wilkinson at quortex.com
Tue Jul 11 19:06:12 UTC 2006

SRV and NAPTR records in DNS

Neill.;o)

  _____

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org
[mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Pimenta
Carvalho
Sent: 11 July 2006 19:18
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] A new domain has been created. What to do
now?

Hi.

I have a SIP application working fine. This application uses a Registrar and
a SIP Redirect Server.

But, let's suppose a new domain was created in some place now, like in
another country, and a friend of mine will subscribe himself to his SIP
software in that new domain.

Now, if I need call him, my Registrar and SIP Redirect Server will not be
able to find his User Agent Server, because the Registrar and Redirect will
not have data about the location of my friend. Am I correct? If yes, how to
solve this problem?

Any hint will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Rodrigo.