[SIPForum-discussion] Basic questions about SIP

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Tue Jul 11 14:42:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm intending to create a world wide SIP application.

Let's suppose such application is already built and being used around the
world.  There is a new user to this application in Japan intending to
register himself, to get all capabilities to talk to someone in Brazil.  My
basic questions are:

1)       Am I the only one responsible for providing Registrars running in
somewhere, to let the Japanese and the Brazilian registering themselves?

2)       If the answer 1 is yes, should I put a Registrar in Brazil and
another one in Japan?

3)       If the answer 1 is no, where are available Registrars to be used by
my application? Is there a free one?

4)       Should my application's installer program (Setup) install the
registrar too? If yes, where to install, if my application's installer is
one just to cell phones?

Now, let's suppose there are just 2 users of my applications in the world.
Then, the application is running just in 2 places. For example, in Japan and
in Brazil. In this case, let's suppose there is a Registrar in Brazil and
another one in Japan. Registrar R1 and Registrar R2, respectively.  If the
Brazilian's URI is recorded in R1 and if the Japanese's URI is recorded in
R2, how can it be possible to they establish a communication? I'm
considering that no one in Japan knows any IP from Brazil, and vise-versa.
In this case, it is impossible to configure DNS in Japan or in Brazil. If I
m correct, tell me how the communication is established , please!

Thanks a lot!!

Rodrigo.