[SIPForum-discussion] is there a way to specify sip server UA to use reliable transmit?

MEENA SELVAM meena_selvam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 23:12:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am writing a simplified SIP UA (nota full fledged
SIP UA) to meet our requirements. To keep it simple my
SIP UA (acting similar to a SIP phone) will only
implement reliable transport.

If I want to have simple implementation (avoiding
processing repeated retransmissions of say OK from the
far end server, ) is there a way to specify that the
far end should use reliable transport, say as part of
INVITE. In the RFC, I do not see anything explicit in
any of the INVITE headers?

In general, in a UA stack implementation , that
supports both reliable and unreliable transport, which
is the entity that drives to choose which one be used?

Meena