[SIPForum-discussion] IMS Legal Intercept Vendors

Arjun Roychowdhury arjunrc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:06:39 UTC 2006

Folks,
I am working on an IMS network which needs to install Legal Intercept
functionality as per 3GPP 33.1xx documents.

It is guaranteed that all subscribers of my network are at least r5 capable,
talk SIP for control, and media is packetized over RTP via
the GSN. In other words, incoming calls to my network can either be:
a) SIP-SIP
b) PSTN-SIP
Outgoing calls will always be:
a) SIP-SIP or
b) SIP-PSTN

Since there is a packet network in each scenario, we can safely assume that
all calls, down the line, are packetized through GSN
and that either the P-CSCF or the S-CSCF will have the information about
"calling party" and "called party"

Now, for the purposes of installing an ADMF functionality for LI in my
network, is it safe to assume that only the following nodes need to support
LI interfaces:

a) P-CSCF and S-CSCF (x2 and x1_1 interfaces for IRI)
b) GSN (x2 and x3 for CC)

Specifically, even if the incoming call is from PSTN, the fact that it will
reach the called party on a pure packet network should imply that I don't
need LI interfaces on my
MGCF and MGW since I can get the same information from my CSCFs and GSNs.

IS this correct ?

Finally, if this assumption is correct and there are vendors who provide
ADMF/DF boxes to meet LI requirements and can provide regulatory info. to
LEMFs
for the network described above, with the interfaces supported as described
above, please drop me a note - and we can take it from there.

regds
arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury