[SIPForum-discussion] SBC or STUN/TURN Server ?

김현곤 peter324.kim at samsung.com
Sun Feb 5 12:39:01 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I’m using a commercial Session Border Controller.

BUT, I have some performance problem with that SBC.

When a network went down and up again, the UAs (about 10,000 UAs) tried to
register simultaneously.

That makes the SBC fail to deal with the 1200 packets per second.

So, I asked the vendor to provide any solution for that problem,

BUT, I think they must take some time to fix that problem.

I should take alternative solution like the using of STUN server for NAT
traversal.

(I think that STUN server could be configured in a cluster for load sharing)

BUT, I can’t find any commercial STUN server and can’t find any other
operators using STUN server..

If you have some ideas on this, please let me know what I should do.

Thanks in advance.

Peter, KIM

  _____