[SIPForum-discussion] Spanning Tree allowing loops.

Sigmundik, Robert Robert.Sigmundik at frontiercorp.com
Tue Dec 5 17:55:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

We are working on internetworking Wireless PSTN, SIP and Megaco and PSTN via Media Gateway and Signaling Gateway in MN to our softswitch and Application Sever in NY to trigger ringing back through Signaling gateway MN in order to simultaneously ring multiple end points on our VoIP, Wireless and PSTN network.

The problem is on the Internodal Trunks where it appears that in spite of Spanning Tree we are seeing loops that are messing up the timing.  Has any body else run into this on Internodal Trunking loop problem?  Any suggestions to correct this?

Frontier Communications
Robert D. Sigmundik
Network Engineer, Network Development
14450 Burnhaven Dr.