[SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 3640 and SIP

Nelson Pereira npereira at protus.com
Wed Dec 6 12:53:34 UTC 2006

We are not doing outbound to PSTN to sip, it's basically inbound SIP to
PSTN, although the PSTN is not on the Cisco Router. We use primarely a
AudioCodes MediaGateway for the actual SIP to PSTN. So the 3640 is only
used to route traffic from WAN to LAN

What I was inquiring about is how to setup the 3640 to route traffic
comming from one specific Public IP ( the wan interface has 2 Public IP)
to route it to a Specific LAN interface. So for visuals :

Public IP 66.46.196.120    \
***********************    ------------ LAN ETH1 10.1.10.1
                                         | ----  WAN ETH1   **** Cisco
3640 *****
Public IP 66.46.196.121    /
***********************    ------------ LAN ETH2 10.1.11.1

Our Provider has setup round robin on both Public IP address. We have 2
LAN interface for redundancy and to connect to the 2 Trunk Pack Module
on the Mediagateway.

I need to find a way to route traffic from a specific destination IP to
a specific LAN interface.

can this be done? If so, how?

If all else fails and this can't be done, we'll need to go to a
Softswitch scenerio which is 50+ G's which is something i would like to
avoid at all cost if i can acheive this with the Cisco 3640 as I just
installed 4 of them.

Regards,

NP

	Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 3640 and SIP

	I have not done exactly what you are trying to do.    Cisco's
IPIPGW is not very flexible, and is based on the same dial-peer based
configurations as with a TDM-IP gateway.  The challange you will have is
sourcing calls from one LAN FE to the appropriate WAN side IP.  I don't
know of a way to do this.  Sorry!