[SIPForum-discussion] retrying servers in the SRV response: draft-ietf-sip-srv-06.txt

Manpreet Singh msingh at ibasis.net
Fri Aug 4 21:01:14 UTC 2006

Hi

I read the draft for locating SIP servers using SRV and there is a section
on how to retry in the event of failure. The only thing mentioned there is
if the client gets a 503 or there are transport level timeouts. Now is that
the only implementation? Can the client implement retries based on certain
4xx or 5xx responses? I was testing a case where I was sending 500 and the
client wont retry but for 503 it would. So is this really the final
implementation or its really client specific.

Thanks

Manpreet