RES: [SIPForum-discussion] Getting SIP addresses in another way

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Wed Apr 19 20:29:02 UTC 2006

Hi Neill Wilkinson!

I'm thinking your comments are very close to what I need.

Do you think such new possibilities in a kind of special softphone could be
really useful to users?

Are the Yellow Pages a kind of book or a kind of web service? If it is the
second one, what is the web page?

What exactly a directory service is?

What do you mean with "service translations"?

Do you know the SUN's JINI technology? I'm thinking of using such technology
to implement those possibilities.

Any new comment will be very helpful to me!

Thanks a lot.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho.

  _____