[SIPForum-discussion] INFO method

Peter Macaulay peter.macaulay at ZDSL.com
Sun Sep 18 16:48:51 UTC 2005

Yes, you have now discovered the hole in the
SIP standard -- any and all proprietary extensions
are put into INFO.  So, if you implement INVITE,
ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS and REGISTER -- call
yourself "SIP compliant", then load up private
messages for feature enhancements with INFO between
your proprietary instruments.

The 17th SIPIT was just completed and we still
don't have any approval process to put a sticker
on a phone set to say it is SIP compliant.

That is why SKYPE has over 54 million users today.

/PETER MACAULAY