[SIPForum-discussion] (no subject)

palavesam arumugam raj_vcpas at rediffmail.com
Thu Jul 28 09:13:48 UTC 2005

HI sir

I am new to IP networks I want some clarification in RFC 791.
I understand this forum is for SIP but do help.

Page 18 and 19
"Loose Source and Record Route"

The paragraph in page 19 which states

"If the address in destination address field has been reached and
the pointer is not greater than the length, the next address in
the source route replaces the address in the destination address
field, and the recorded route address replaces the source
address just used, and pointer is increased by four"

I am not getting cleared with the concept of Source route and record route what does the above statement means Can someone give an insight into it with an example

Thanks and Regards
Palavesam