[SIPForum-discussion] LPN and SIP

Henning Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 28 05:39:29 UTC 2005

One would hope that name registrars would provide such forwarding
services, given that domain names are available for less than $10/year
and that they commonly include email-forwarding services. Thus, a family
or business could have their personal and permanent name for a fairly
modest expense. I don't think provider-based names are a good long-term
solution - why would I want to advertise that I'm with carrier X to the
world at large? (Other organizations, such as colleges, might alos
provide permanent names; we already provide user at alum.cs.columbia.edu to
our former students.)