[SIPForum-discussion] doubt regradinng SIP and MGCP

Steve Parrish yahoo parrishsteve2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 20:16:53 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,
   I have a question about the following statement...

"H.323 has been the most widespread signaling protocol out there today"

Is this still true now-a-days?

How many deployed H.323 endpoints are there compared to SIP?

I have a tough time envisioning that H.323 endpoints outnumber SIP when
we consider Vonage, Packet 8, Free World Dialup, Lingo, etc.
memberships.

When I go to trade shows I don't see a lot of H.323 IADs, MTA, and IP
Phones.  They all seem to be SIP to me.

-Steve Parrish